A New Season

Finals finished and so is my time at Ventura College. The last two years have been an adventure and a great season in my life so far. I have met amazing brothers and sisters in christ who have challenged, prayed and built me up to make me a better me. Starting Club Hope at Ventura College was something I never saw coming and never could have imagined it becoming what it has. I love seeing how God has called me to leadership and now as I move on, I get to see others stepping up to leadership. Ventura College better watch out because there is a group of students rising up to spread the glory of God's kingdom. Students are recognizing that they are not the only christian on campus but that believers are coming together on campus to fellowship, worship and pray all in the name of Jesus. I love this and it has been my life for the last two years. Though it is hard to let this go, I know God has taught me alot and now he has me taking another step of faith as I keep walking with him.
Thailand.....God likes to push my box and do the unthinkable, like send me to country where only 1% of the population is christian and I dont know a thing about the culture. Yet I'm drawn to the mystery and adventure that God has instore for me. Servant Partners is a nonprofit missionary organization that works with the urban poor creating churches where there are none and growing leaders from the existing community. This trip is part of their internship program and I will be mentored by their amazing staff. I'm  so excited to meet people that God will put in my life and the things that he will teach me. As I leave to live in a slum of bangkok, to share with my neighbors my life and love for Jesus. I will be learning thai, relational evangalism, how to affect the community and grow leaders from that community to lead the church. During the summer, until I leave in september, I will be raising money to live in and work in Thailand for ten months. I need to raise $14,000. I know that God has everything planned out and knows who this money is coming from. I firmly believe that missionary work is a team effort, where although one goes out into the field it takes many people to support that one person while out in the field. I need your prayer and financial support in order to b sent out. I need you to join team thailand, join in the effort to reach the 10/40 window and because not everyone can go, you can send me, your substitute. If you would like to donate go to servantpartners.org click donate and in the staff box put my name Christina Licea. Anything and everything is appreciated. If you would like to learn more or get to know my heart for this thailand internship please contact me and I would love to meet with you! This is my first time ever blogging so I hope it was informative and not to boring hahaha. love you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating 1 Year

Life in Remission: Year One

Aahaan....(Food)