Oh! the People You Will Meet!

During this summer I have had the amazing opportunity to meet with many people to share what God has done in my life, what he is currently doing and what he will be doing in this thailand internship through Servant Partners. I have met with young adults, with couples, and with those who are in their later years of life. As I meet to talk about my internship, God doesnt just bless me with another partner in prayer or monthly sponsor but with a person that God loves so much and wants to share that person with me.

Just recently I met with a sweet lady living in a retirement home. She listened to what I had to say and asked good questions but what surprised me was when she asked if she could tell her life story. As I sat and listened I realized that I was sitting in the living room of a woman who had done missionary work in China! Yeah in China!!! As she recalled memories of trials in life and her 40 years "in the desert", she got to the part where God finally called her to work in China, I could see the immense joy shine through her face, so much that it touched and blessed my heart. It was doing the work of the Lord that mader her feel complete. The love that she had for the people that God had called her to work with, radiated from her even now as she has been out of the field for seven years!!! I was filled with so much hope and joy and as I was about to leave she told me that she had things in her house from thailand that friends had sent to her and everytime she sees them she will think of me and pray.

Its people like this wonderful lady that make fundraising a joy, though it is hard there is joy among the trials and they are very much worth it. I have met with a number of other people who are doing or have done amazing things all in the name of the Lord and hearing their stories has blessed me abundantly. This is what partnering in missions is all about. I would love to share with you more and hear your story, please email me at nina.licea@gmail.com and we can set something up.

love and joy
christina

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating 1 Year

Life in Remission: Year One

Aahaan....(Food)