Feelings, Emotions and All Those Things I Usually Try to Avoid

In less than 3 weeks I will jump on a plane and land in the beautiful country of Thailand. Wait a second, lets back up, did I just say 3 weeks!!!! OH SNAP! I remember earlier this year when I first applied for the Servant Partners Thailand Internship, I thought that September would be a long way off and I would have plenty of time to prepare myself mentally. This last month has been flying by day after day, it finally hit me....I'm leaving my home, my country, my family and all that I know to live in another culture for 10 months. My brain has been on overload with questions; whats Bangkok going to look like, who will I meet, what will I eat (what wont I eat), what is God going to do, who, what, where, when, and why and every question in between! I don't know if I will be homesick, I usually don't get homesick but then again I have never been away this long. Though there have been days where I have been really emotional or emotionally stressed out, God has blessed me with sweet time with him. Crying out to the Lord for his guidance and provision, sitting at his feet while asking Him to release any feelings that are not of His nature and strongholds in my life that are keeping me from pursuing a more intimate relationship with my king. Seeing him answer my prayers and praising him through song are my sweetest memories. Its been a roller coaster of emotions but I feel that God is teaching me how to handle such emotions and teaching me that through the pain there is gain for His kingdom. Pastor Daniel Hahn spoke on this a few weeks ago, on how God uses all pain for a reason and I know that in Thailand there will be pain as I get to know people and live life with them.
One thing that brings me such joy, is to see others get involved in kingdom work and be sooooooo stoked. I have had amazing opportunities to speak to many people about my trip from all ages and backgrounds and seeing them joyful and praising the Lord for the work that he is doing is such a blessing. I have had the opportunity to speak in front of groups of women who have been wanting to support a young lady in the world and now stand fully behind me in support. I was able to encourage a younger girl who wants to do mission work and share my heart with her. Hearing families, couples and everyone say that they are going with me as my support group and they will be praying for me! The encouragement and prayers are outstanding and uplifting. I smile as God brings to mind all the wonderful people I have told about this internship, family, old friends, new friends, coworkers, everyone who is supporting me in my dreams and passions know that I am eternally grateful. And whats more exciting is that I know that God is going to use all of my supporters in a vital way for His kingdom, many blessings and love are showering down because of these willing hearts to grow God's kingdom.
Less than 3 weeks left, lets see what God has in store for the remainder of my time here in Cali.... Bring it!

Comments

  1. Christina,

    I am inspired by you each time I think of you. I pray you know the impact you're making on the lives around you. God is using you right here, right now just while in preparation for Thailand and that is miraculous at work ;). You, my dear, sweet friend humble me and reignite my passion for God's work all the time. Thank you for your "Yes, Lord" way of life! My prayers will be covering you right along with all the rest of us you amaze each and everyday.

    Love and Belief,
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating 1 Year

Life in Remission: Year One

Aahaan....(Food)