"My Beach To Walk On"

Even though Bangkok is an urban city, there are glimpses of nature everywhere, whether it be in the greenery growing between the houses of the long flowing canal nearby. It may not be the beach I'm used to back home, the hills covered in grass or the fields of produce but I still see the beauty and appreciate God's creativity in all that I see. My favorite thing to do back home is walk on the beach, praying and thinking over life. I could spend hours at the beach, whether at night or during the day, there is something about the warm sand, ocean breeze and sound of waves crashing that puts me at peace and opens up my heart to hear God. Singing songs about God's grace if it were like an ocean. Praising him for making such a beautiful place for me to live at. Today in thailand as I went to seek quiet time with the Lord, I ended up sitting by the canal. It is dirty, smelly, and not really a beautiful place to spend time at. It may not be the beach but if I close my eyes and block out the smell then all I hear is water as it splashes and moves downstream. There is where I find peace and hear God speak in my heart. That is my new and the next ten months "beach to walk on."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating 1 Year

Life in Remission: Year One

Aahaan....(Food)