A Week in Thailand

Ok so where to start, there is so much I want to tell you about Thailand!!!! The people, food, house church, transportation and city are all so different but I will try to tell you a few stories. So the community that I am living in is called samaki which is about a 15 min bus ride outside the area of bangkapi. The Servant Partners office is in Bangkapi. Those are the areas that we mostly are in except on saturday nites when some of us go to Newsong church, which is an international church in the downtown area. I love how we get to all of these places, on boat, motorcycle taxi (my favorite), bus, skytram, taxi and walking....lots of walking. The city is crowded, the traffic is sometimes crazy and the weather is hot. The weather is something to get used to but it makes me very thankful for the cold bucket showers I get to take, never thought I would be thankful for no hot water. Right now its rainey season so out of no where it will start raining and then stop, then start back up again and do that every few days. The food is amazing!!!!!! I try to stay away from the spicy food but most things that I have tried are sooooo good. Fried anything is good and the street vendors are my new best friends hahaha but seriously they can throw down some good food.
What I really love is the house church that meets on sunday nights. A gathering of believers from samaki meet for worship, prayer, communion, bible study.....and food :) The transparency of this group is beautiful, how they share their prayer request and ask questions during the study, I love it. It builds fellowship among the believers and is just a cool way to do church. I wish I could tell you more about everything that I see, I will try to blog more to tell more stories. See talk to you soon. Please post questions that you have!!!!

Comments

  1. I see nothing about the bathroom! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina, it sounds like you are off to a great start! I'm so excited for all that you will learn, experience, see, taste, smell, and live. Praying for God to continue to give you wisdom with language and relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NINA this is awesome! I am just imagining you on the motorcycle taxi...

    The weather sounds a lot like Kauai, with the on and off raining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi...when I see these picture it reminds me of when we were there...so exciting time for you I pray that you will continue to learn,love and blossom right where you r everyday....bless u Lindy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating 1 Year

Life in Remission: Year One

Aahaan....(Food)