It's Time to Go

My favorite verse for the last two years or so has been Joshua 1:9 which goes, " Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." I have looked to this verse for encouragement in times when I felt weak, remembrance that He is with me wherever I am and that God has made me for a time such as this. On Thursday I will gather my bags, say bye to my family and get on a plane to fly halfway across the world. "Do not be terrified and do not be discouraged".....OK God you told me so I will trust in you. These next ten months are going to be amazing, awesome and wonderful but at the same time I know that they are going to be tough, lonely and challenging. I feel like this is going to be a time where God breaks me down, down to a point where I will be unrecognizable and then build me up into the woman that He has created me to be. Things and people that I depend on or look to when things go wrong will not be there which will push me to look only to the Lord to carry me through. I don't know how to feel about this, because I am excited to grow in my relationship with the Lord but scared to let go of the strongholds in my life. I don't want to let that fear overthrow me, the excitement I feel distracts me of my fear but I know that I will have to face it and the Lord will be there every step of the way. His word says that perfect love drives out fear so I will bask in His love and seek it wherever I am. Thank you for all your support, I feel so blessed to have all of you in my life and to be praying for me. Next time I blog I will be in Thailand. Sawadii.

Comments

  1. We will miss you - but you are embarking on the adventure of a lifetime! So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating 1 Year

Life in Remission: Year One

Aahaan....(Food)