There's No Place Like Home, Theres No Place Like Home

This weekend was the first time I sincerely referred to Samaki as "home". We had a long weekend of youth camp, which included lots of kids running around, playing games, volunteering at the flood rescue relief center and all the prep that needed to be done to get through this weekend. On the last day, tired and wanting to get back to Samaki the thought rolled into my head, "I just want to get home, sleep in my own bed and use my own shower". I never thought I would say that because my shower is a bucket, my bed is about two inches thick and above all...I live in a slum. But after two months I now call it home.
So there's this verse that has been popping up alot lately, its Jeremiah 29:4-7 which says, "This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says to all those I carried into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon: Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. Marry and have sons and daughters; find wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. Increase in number there; do not decrease. Also seek the peace and prosperity of he city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers you too will prosper." During that time the Israelites are stuck in Babylon for a period of time, instead of the land that God promised them. Instead of just chilling there being ready to leave at a moments notice, God tells them to settle down, lay down some roots and enjoy where he has put them. In my case I see how the Lord is making Thailand my home for these next ten months, growing in friendships with the other young adults and making myself comfortable here. I don't know where He will call me to be in the future but for right now my home is Bangkok.

love
nina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating 1 Year

Life in Remission: Year One

Aahaan....(Food)