The Worst Book of All Time

Now that summer is in full swing, I have seen how easy it is to be an unproductive, Grey's Anatomy binge watching, chocolate overdosing sloth couch monster. Can I get an Amen?

I am not going to lie to you and say that I have found the perfect way to avoid the couch this summer. But I have decided that I will make a summer to-do list, that I will actually finish by the end of summer. Christina how do you plan on making sure you do all of the things on your list? I am so glad you asked :p

I love making list. The satisfaction I get from crossing one thing off my list usually gets me motivated to do the other things on that list. Knowing how my brain works I very strategically create my list. I always put 2-3 fun or easy things on my list. For example, dance is always on the list. While I am looking at my to-do list and deciding what to do first, I see dance on there and do that one first. I throw on a song I like and dance it out. Then I get the satisfaction of crossing that item off the list. Sometimes I put really easy things on the list like, "shower" or "eat breakfast" after checking those off I am motivated to do and cross off the real chores. That's my super secret motivation tip.

My summer to-do list consist of:

-clean out my room/go through my clothes
-go to the DMV
-summer reading list
-start a prayer group
-look for a job
-exercise
-host a party
-explore LA
- write 5 blog post (this counts as one!)
-brainstorm for my book
-write two chapters of my book

I have already checked off, clean out my room/go through my closet, exercise, and brainstorm for my book. Yay!

This summer I wanted to get some important adult stuff done (job and DMV) but I also wanted to challenge myself creatively. Being creative does not come easy to me (as you probably can tell if you have been following this blog) sometimes I have burst of ideas but those burst come and go during certain times of my life.

So I have decided to write a book, at first it seemed like a daunting task and even though I have no clue what I am doing, I am going to give it a shot  and see what happens. I think the creative process will keep me from getting sucked into the Netflix vortex of doom.

What on your summer to-do list?

Do something you have never thought of doing before. Now is the time! Who cares if you fail miserable or in my case, write the worst book of all time, just try....and have FUN doing something new!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrating 1 Year

Life in Remission: Year One

Aahaan....(Food)